The history of the Chiesi Group dates back to 6 July 1935, when Giacomo Chiesi, a pharmacist who dreamed of research, bought Laboratorio Farmacéutico Parmesano, thus embarking on his business adventure.
What began as a small provincial firm with only two employees has grown, seventy-five years later, into an international company with more than 3,800 employees. This journey, thanks to the Chiesi family's determination and passion for research, transformed the initial idea of a small firm into a company experiencing constant growth.
In the late 1970s, when the first foreign subsidiary was opened in Brazil, the company embarked upon its international adventure, and became a group that operates on all five continents, with 24 associates, including the production, research and distribution of its pharmaceutical products in more than 60 countries.
The history of the Chiesi company is the history of a personal dream that became collective: “To create innovative tools with which to provide effective treatment”. That is what Chiesi does every day, with passion and determination.